We are so excited to be re-opening the Theater after it being closed for more than a year. But what a time to open – we need to be so careful not to put anyone in danger. So here we are, ready to go, and here are our Coronavirus policies that we will be enforcing to keep everyone – the public, our artists, and staff, all safe. We want everyone to feel 100% confident that we are taking every precaution possible to protect you.
ENTRANCE AND EXITS
- We are going to ask you to keep at a safe distance from other people – 6 feet or more. There will be no ‘hanging about’ unfortunately. Everyone will come in through the front entrance and lobby and exit through the auditorium side door.
- As you come into the lobby, we will take the temperature of your forehead with an electronic touchless thermometer. Temperatures above 100.4 will mean we will not be able to allow you in.
- Floors will be marked with 6’ spacing markers in front of the bar and in seating groups.
- We have more than 20 hand sanitizing stations around the theater and will be encouraging everyone to use them on entry, on exit, and during their time inside.
- Please bring your own mask. We cannot allow you to enter or be in the theater without a mask on. We will have masks for sale if you forget yours. We must insist on this and will be asking you to leave if you remove your mask.
- For your safety, and the safety of everyone who works here, we will not be handling cash for ticketing, merchandise sales and at the bar. Please bring a debit or credit card.
- We will have Bearsville and artist merchandise on sale both in the theater and online. This will be ready for you to pick up from the box office and at the end of the show.
- All Bearsville Tickets are sold through the booking agent EventBrite, which you can print at home or for show on the day on your mobile phone etc.
- We have drastically limited the number of seats available for all events, so that we can keep everyone safe.
- We have groups of 2, 3 and 4 chairs where you can sit with friends and family. We are using small cocktail tables to delineate parties of more than 1. NY policy is that any groups of 2-4 people must be from same household, with no groups larger than 4.
- Aside from the pod seating, you will be asked to stand or sit at least 6 feet apart from other guests whilst in the theater.
- This includes whilst you might be standing in line at the box office, in the restrooms, and at the theater bar.
PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICES
- We have worked closely with our friends at Woodstock Hardware to create a disinfection path in all high-traffic areas.
- Both before and after every performance our team will:
- Carefully disinfect all flat surfaces, the lounge, door handles, push plates, handrails, restrooms, box office counter and point of sale terminals with EPA approved cleaning products.
- Wipe down and fog with a disinfectant spray all theater seating.
- Rotate out chairs after each performance and stand them in the sunlight for 4 hours before use again.
- There are hand sanitizing stations throughout the theater and at all points of entry and exit, in all restrooms, and for our staff.
- Each restroom has only touchless sink faucets, motion sensor hand dryers.
- We are limiting the number of guests using the basement restrooms to two at any time. The center sink has been disabled so that each person washing their hands will have proper social distancing.
- All our employees and volunteers will have undergone a temperature test for each show and will have been Covid tested on a regular basis.
- We will ensure that no member of our staff or volunteers who may have been in contact with anyone exposed to Covid 19 will be at any show.
- All staff members will always be wearing masks when in the theater.
- During each show we will have extra staff disinfecting surfaces during the show.
- We will instruct everyone:
- Not to handshake or have any physical contact between guests or with employees
- To wash their hands regularly during their time at the theater.
COMMUNICATION / CONTACT TRACING
- Our plan and our policies are on our websites www.bearsvillecenter.com and www.bearsvilletheater.com These are driven by the CDC, Ulster County Board of Heath and New York State. We will update them regularly.
- We will need an email for everyone who enters the Theater – this will be collected by Eventbrite at the time of ticket purchase and input into our mailing system MailChimp. If you buy a ticket directly from the box office, we will use the same system and will need an email address.
- If you buy a ticket and then cannot attend a show because of Covid 19, we will refund the full purchase price.
- We will follow up each event with an email to all our guests, staff, and volunteers. If anyone becomes ill with Covid 19 after a show, we will notify everyone who attended that show within 12 hours of receiving their notification.
- We will be reminding everyone of the need to be careful whilst in a theater environment.